Whew! Finally, I have word from the steering committee and have been given the go ahead to start in Madison, WI (vs. Grand Rapids, MI). I join the other cyclists in Madison, WI on August 10 with a celebration service, traversing south through Chicago, around Lake Michigan into Grand Rapids. After a celebration service there on Aug 17, we continue across Michigan towards Ontario, crossing the border via a ferry at Marine City/Sombra and then on to Chatham, ON to catch a large contingent of the home town crowd. From Chatham we continue through Ontario to St. Catherines for another celebration service on Aug 24 before crossing back into the US for the last week of the tour and the final destination across from the Statue of Liberty, at Liberty State Park for wheels into the water to end our cycling.
This is very exciting, and if you were to ask any of my coworkers, they would tell you I was like a kid in a candy store on Thursday afternoon once I had gotten word of the extension. There is trepidation when I think of the doubled fundraising that I will need to accomplish, but I know that God has allowed all these things to fall into place so far and will also continue to work powerfully for the funds to be in the right place to support our cause-Ending the Cycle of Poverty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good to hear that you will be with us for a longer time period. When we get to Liberty State Park I don't think I'll be content just to dip my tire in the water, with the relief of making it that whole distance I think I'm just going to ride my bike completely into the bay.
Melissa hope you and your group have a safe trip. I pray that God will hold you and all the cyclist in his arms on your journey.
Kim Wright
Post a Comment