This morning I was the queen of multi-tasking. I was riding on my trainer, the television was on in front of me to keep me semi-occupied(CSI was running a marathon of episodes), I was talking with a girlfriend on the phone and also looking out the window to see the snow flying all around.
Oh, to have warm weather to cycle outside, but until that time, more miles to go on the gerbil wheel.
I wanted to update my progress on fundraising. Funds are coming in and I continue to pray that people will be led to commit to helping to eradicate poverty. I presented to my church, the Ann Arbor Christian Reformed Church yesterday and I think it went well. After getting a few jitters out of my system during our first service, things flowed more smoothly with my presentation for the second service. Once again, my emotions took hold while watching the promotional DVD. As yesterday was also my Sunday to sing as part of a praise team, I can tell you-it's extraordinarily hard to sing while all teary eyed and choked up!
I am blessed to have friends who care! This past week brought a random gift through the mail from a college friend whom I have not conversed with in a few months, time with good friends just hanging out, great conversations late into the night over the phone with a best friend and a brief visit with my parents last week on their way home from Slidell, Louisiana.
God is GOOD. He brings about all things for a reason and we need to remember that during both high and low times. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11. (NIV)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's So true, how good God really is no matter what happens! It's so amazing to look to scripture to be reminded of the bigger picture! Keep on pressing on.
Melissa - great to hear that you got the go ahead to start in Madison. I worked with your mom in the kitchen in Slidell so have heard all about you. Had a great time with your parents on DRS. Look forward to meeting up with you in Madison this summer and seeing your dad and mom once we get into Ontario. Just came back from Florida - got 705 km under my butt there.
Happy training!
Margaret
Post a Comment