
56 1/2 miles for the week. I am a little proud of my accomplishment as 50 of those miles occurred last weekend. I rode almost 20 miles on Saturday, 10 miles on Sunday and and additional 20 miles on Monday. Saturday was already talked about, Sunday was another beautiful day, a little cool in the morning but ideal in the afternoon. A friend Jill came over to take some pictures for the TRINITY magazine. (My alma mater is writing an article on the alumni and employees from Trinity Christian College who are participating in the Sea to Sea tour). Here are some of the pictures, of course the best ones either had eyes closed or cars in the background...

Monday was a busy day, but also productive. With a fairly stiff wind, I was a doubter as to how long I would ride. I started out on a similar route as Saturday, dealing with the wind and determined to go further so I could officially call this ride 20 miles! Thankfully a friend kicked me in the pants and said..."if you don't do at least some today, how do you think you'll do this summer with the wind?" Duh...I know. So the first 5 miles were a little uneventful, with a moderate side wind. I met up on the Gallup Park Trail with a couple from church and while speaking briefly with them, along comes one of my ministers from church, Harvey S. We cycled together for 4-5 miles where he broke off to go home for dinner. Further up the trail, I turned around (wasn't sure where the trail continued) and boy, head winds really stink! The 10 mile return trip was great training but whooeee, I was one tired soul when I reached home. Exhilaration at my weekend distance buoyed my fatigue!
Wednesday also yielded a few more miles to add to the weekly total, only 6 1/2 miles as the weather was about 48, and windy yet again, after a 10 1/2 hour day at work. When home was within sight, I knew hot chocolate and lots of water were in store to warm the fingers (I need to find an alternate glove situation for cold weather) and to hydrate the rest of me.
Today is a rainy day, 44 degrees at present, disappointing to not be out, but that will occur a whole lot more before I know it. Only 17 weeks before I start in Madison, that time will fly!!!
2 comments:
Good luck with the training. I can't wait to get the next Trinity magazine, I don't even know how many alums there are doing the ride.
You may have already figured this out, but I have been wearing my warmest pair of big ski MITTENS when I am the least bit scared my hands will get cold. (I admit I do have wimpy hands). Its sort of clumsy and goofy looking, but I have found that I prefer hands that are a little sweaty to being forced to take emergency hand warming stops.
Post a Comment