Today was a warm one! 35 miles in the middle of the afternoon was a good ride, I felt good afterwards and notice that I am getting stronger-I spend most of the ride in a higher gear, only a few hills required dropping down. I rode on Saturday with the Bryson's from church and that was a treat as most of my training has been solo thus far except for an occasional friend joining in. I find that I ride at a better pace when I have someone along side me (that travels about the same speed-Sorry Nathan, you kicked my pants with your young legs!) The Brys0n's have a tandem and we covered 22 miles early in the morning before the heat really set in-I am glad you guys were beside me on those hills-I will try that route again! Yesterday had all the intentions of starting out at 7:30 for 20-30 miles before church and before the temps hit record highs for the day. Alas, due to a late night on Sat and not sleeping well, the only biking I did was in my dreams as I changed my alarm time from 7:00 to 9:00 to catch a few more ZZZZZ's.
I am catching up on the storm watch on the weather channel and thinking, if only it weren't dark, this would be a perfect time to ride...virtually no wind and a beautiful 71 degrees--if only the thunderstorms would leave and yes, daylight would help too! :-)
Some day soon, I hope to increase my daily distance to 40, 50, or 60 miles...I feel very fortunate that I still have two months before I start in Madison. I hope to get a lot more miles in before that time as my longest day on the tour will be 95 miles. I am hoping that group camaraderie will be forged as we struggle through the the long hard days and that we will be able to stay positive and encourage each other to the end!
Blessings on safe training!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment