Monday, July 14, 2008

Another Beautiful Day

50 miles this morning--and another milestone--I surpassed 1000 miles in my training today!!!!! I started out a little later than planned, I guess I needed a little more beauty sleep after a wonderful girls weekend out in Chicago! Upon embarking, the wind was a gentle west wind and like many other rides, I took off towards Huron River Drive. Three times on this ride I encountered "construction", where power crews were either fixing transformers, re-attaching lines, or cleaning up tree debris. There must have been a lot of wind with the storm this weekend.

I took to a bit of a new area, going further west and east (or is it north and south at that point?) on North Territorial Road encountering new hills and playing chicken with a few semis (just kidding mom, I was safe!) as the traffic was busier than I thought it was! I had one semi wait patiently behind me as I was waiting for traffic to clear so I could make a left turn safely!

50 miles and I feel good, even taking advantage of a new bike computer, this one I found this weekend has average speed, time elapsed as well as a few other features. My average speed for the trip today was 15.5 mph. Hoping to get more miles in after work each evening this week.

Hoping all my comrades cycling through the desert and beginning to climb higher elevations again will continue to be safe and have good roads, fast speeds and wonderful times experiencing God's great creation!

No comments: