Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh Deer!

Tonight was a slower speed ride, but that also meant that I got to enjoy some of the local wildlife, even remembering to take my camera along this evening. Here are some of the local bambi clan which crossed my path! Of course he turned right as I was taking the picture and then a car came and he ran off!



Two fawns were happily grazing under a tree and were quite frisky, coming closer for a look at me, then of course, one decided to run away...thanks to a 1-2 second delay on my camera!

Today was a very busy day at work, and tomorrow promises to be much of the same. I started some new patients, and also discharged others. I received a wonderful arrangement of flowers from a patient for whom today was her last visit. She and her husband have been very appreciative of the work that I have been able to do with her, and this is the second time I have treated her in the last year...separate surgeries. She is very intrigued about the fact that I am pursuing this bike trip and that it is for a wonderful cause. Below is a picture of the flowers--and they even came complete with a bicycle!


Today was also a bit of a precursor of what weather in August in Michigan might be-HOT and HUMID! I was glad there was a breeze today, and am hoping for the same in about 4 1/2 weeks as I traverse this state, but definitely wishing for a southwest wind as we come from Indiana Dunes to Grand Rapids and then two to three days of westerly winds as we make our way into Ontario...A girl can definitely hope!

No comments: