This weekend had some absolutely beautiful weather for cycling. I spent Thursday evening to Saturday evening at my sister's place in NW Indiana and had some nice rides while there. Friday morning was great, although the5:32 wakeup from garage was otherwise not welcome (but THANKS to my brother-in-law for re-doing my brakes completely!). After a hearty breakfast, I took off down the road for a shorter ride, only 15 miles before spending the day hanging out with the family. We had a great summertime supper off the grill after the kids were done playing in the pool. Note to self for future rides-do not head out for a second ride of the day after partaking of way too much good food---and bugs are not dessert, they don't go down so easily. Another 15 miles after dinner and then off the Cedar Lake for some great fireworks!
Saturday morning, once again out for a ride, this time just after a small crash necessitated a ride out a bike shop to see if they could adjust my rear derailleur...but it is still skipping with shifting. If anyone has knowledge in this deparment, please send a line in my direction! 30 miles for the morning, followed by a long dip in the pool to cool off and sort of attempt to combat the ever so darkening bike short tan line! Back to Michigan later in the day with good travels and clear roads-thanks to the holiday weekend for suspension of major road repair projects!
Today was a day of semi-rest. I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon, and then out after dinner for a 15 mile jaunt...nice temps, gentle breeze and once again, lots of deer! One of these days I will try to remember my camera to show off some of the wildlife seen in my travels.
I have spent a lot of time in the last week following the blogs of fellow riders as they began their journey and also following the route with earnest in anyway possible. Thank you to all of you who have worked through the troubles with the satellite in order to let the rest of us know of the wonderful thing that has been started--all in the name of eradicating poverty and cycling sea to sea. Keep the posts and pictures coming!
35 days to go before starting in Madison, a crazy daunting feeling, with a little trepidation! (OK, so a lot of trepidation!) I am hoping that training continues to go well, and that God will help me to adequately prepare for this upcoming journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to see that your training is going well!
Which of the other blogs would you recommend? I'd love to see some day to day details of the tour, but don't have time to look through them all.
Jim Bryson
Hi Melissa :)
Just checking in and seeing that your still training. Your days will number "ONE" real soon till you join so keep training.
I read Jim's comment here, and would suggest Cynthia Aukema's blog as she does have a sense of humour, posts most days and is on the entire tour. I do get a laugh out of her blog.
Keep up the work, no laxing up yet.
Post a Comment