Tuesday August 12—Day 44—
Day 2: The day started off much the same as Monday, except that I was feeling a little more at ease with the whole process. The turnaround of sleeping to riding was more smooth, taking the tent down and getting dressed, sunscreened and lubed up, yes, you read that correctly, lubed up was also much more smooth. When you have 150 people trying to get gear in and out of laundry baskets in the gear truck, it can be a little trying. Teresa also had some good pointers here to pack a small bag with camp clothes (comfortable and loose) for the evening, pj’s, and cycling clothes for the next day. Taking just this bag, my shower bag and my gear bag to my tent made the transitions more efficient as there are not multiple trips back and forth to the gear truck.
Tuesday I rode with Len Riemersma, Lisa and Bob Brouwer, Sheryl Scheeres Taylor and Karen DeJong. We cycled out of the sleepy town of
In
As we were getting to the end of the trail in
The day was a trying one, the 87 miles had many stops and starts (city type riding) which were a tad hard for my knees to deal with. I iced at a variety store which graciously provided ice for free out of the ice cooler and also upon arriving at Trinity. Coming back to Trinity was great, seeing familiar faces, familiar spaces, and just being back.
I was able to be hosted at Betty Kerkstra’s house, my former boss while I attended Trin and worked in the bookstore. Alida and I spent some great time there, doing laundry and sleeping in a wonderfully comfy bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment